We're having a series of days with highs a little under the plus ten mark, so it has felt very much like the beginnings of spring. The snow is certainly melting, creating the annual swamp at the back of our backyard, and we've seen our first butterfly, our first chipmunk, and our first squirrel, so we have high hopes that winter is indeed on it's way out.
The weather has also gotten my mind into "spring clean-up" mode, and I've found lots of new motivation to attack those projects that have been sitting around for the last little while. I really enjoy this phase every year, it gives me the energy to tidy up lots of little things that have been irritating me but that I've been too apathetic or busy to do anything about over the winter months.
I even bought a bathing suit! I know, it's a bit early for that, but I've been on the lookout for a Lands End swimsuit for quite a long time (they're so elegant yet also modest, which is a hard combination to find most places) and I got one on sale.
All I'm hoping now is that my body continues to fight off the cold the kids both have, so that I can continue to work away like a busy bee. There's so much to do, and only tiny pockets of time to do it in. Hurray for spring, and all the good things it brings!