CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Birthday Present

After much deliberation, I finally decided what I wanted for my birthday: books, books and more books. Trevor chuckled a little at my choice, but let me go ahead and load up the virtual shopping cart. I'm not into fiction very much these days, other than the occasional classic. There's so much I want to learn about that I'm really focused on the non-fiction. Here's some of what I'll be reading once my birthday parcel comes in:

Raising Maidens of Virtue: A Study of Feminine Loveliness for Mothers and Daughters by Stacy McDonald
Secrets to Getting More Done in Less Time by Donna Otto
The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
Building the Christian Family You Never Had: A Practical Guide for Pioneer Parents by Mary DeMuth
The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp
Raising Respectful Children in a Disrespectful World by Jill Rigby
Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
Lord, Please Meet Me in the Laundry Room by Barbara Curtis
Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald

Hurray for books! I'd been eyeing so many of these for months and months, but would have felt guilty spending a lot of money on them. Now I get a whole bunch, and I'll have fresh reading material for weeks!!