The day started off very poorly - Connor awoke shortly after six, and both kids were cranky. I wandered out into the main part of the house to find an assortment of leftover birthday decorations from yesterday, but nothing new for me. I felt sorry for myself.
And then, little by little, greetings started trickling in. An email here, a phone call there, a package and two cards in the mail. I went out to lunch with Mom and the kids, and Mom and Adara surprised me with roses. Two more emails in the afternoon, and then Trevor came home early and surprised me with some lovely gifts. A tasty supper and some chocolate cake finished the evening's celebrations.
I am left feeling so grateful. I get caught up in my own little world up here, absorbed in my home, my husband and my children, and I feel so distant from everyone else most days. What a lovely reminder that I am not nearly as alone as I feel. My dear friends and wonderful family members are still close emotionally, if not geographically. Thank you all so much. It felt like a big long-distance hug, and you would not believe how much I needed just that.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
So Grateful