CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Recent Acquisitions

After more than a year of searching, we've finally replaced the old beige couch in the living room. We bought it and the matching loveseat when we first moved to Alberta over 10 years ago, so they've served us well, but ten years of various cats plus four years of kids have taken their toll. When we moved to our present home, I got two chairs from Ikea in the dark brown leather. I've been looking for a coordinating couch or loveseat ever since. Last weekend we finally found the set we'd been waiting for. They're fake leather (therefore less expensive and I won't be as worried about them getting wrecked) but they look and feel like the real thing. Trev picked them up this weekend and I'm really pleased at how much better the room looks. I know you can't get the full effect here, but the room looks so much more welcoming.


In more frugal news, we attended the first garage sale of the season - the public library had their annual fundraising garage sale, and we braved the crowds and got a few good deals. The most exciting find was this:

Adara was one happy camper! She's been eyeing them in the store, but I've been reluctant to pay $20+ dollars. This was brand new (still had the tag on), plays 6 songs with trotting noises(cute, but annoying), and we got it, a set of fancy speakers for Trev's computer, and a copy of the original "Wizard of Oz" movie for $30. I really do like hitting garage sales. What fun!