CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Do the Next Thing

Little Connor is having a rough time at present, with a head cold, cough and teething all combining to make him a fussy, whiny cranky little bear who needs his Mama at all times. He's up a lot at night too, waking up because of the coughing or because of being unable to breathe. Poor little fellow. So a lot of our regular activities are on hold, and we're just trying to get through despite the lack of sleep.

On the plus side, I'm discovering that having a few years of parenting experience has helped me cope with times like these a lot better. Rather than trying to do everything, I'm focusing on the most important first: is everyone dressed, fed, and reasonably clean? Have I got a decent supper to serve, and a lunch for my Trev the next day? If those are done, I don't stress about the rest. Sure if there's some extra time and I can get some of the other regular chores or some laundry done, that's great. But I'm not beating myself up about it if they have to wait a day or three. I'll just keep trudging along and doing the next thing until I catch up again.

It's nice, every now and then, to realize that maybe I am getting a little wiser as well as older, year by year.