CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Listmakers Begetting Listmakers

Adara is just as into organizational details as I am. She needs to know the day of the week, the date, and the temperature as soon as she gets up. She loves to look at the weather report on my computer and give me a rundown on what the weather will be like for the next few days. And she delights in checking the daily schedule to see what will come next for activities.

The problem has been that my very detailed schedule is a little overwhelming for her. So when we were in Edmonton, I saw a small whiteboard for $1 and I grabbed it. We put it up in the playroom, and now every morning I write the day of the week and the date, followed by a list of the 3-5 most important things I want to get done that day. These can be anything from taking a walk to cleaning the bathrooms, fun things as well as chores, as Adara helps me with about 90% of the household chores.

This solution has really worked for us. Adara loves reading the list each day and reminding me of what's on it, and we both get a kick out of looking at the list at the end of the day and being able to say we got those things done. Like mother, like daughter, I guess. *grin*