Mom and I went to see Ballet Jorgen perform "Anastasia" tonight, and it was just lovely. Trevor gallantly put the little ones to bed despite their protests. Since I'm very reluctant to leave my kids for evening outings before they're at least one, these guys are really not used to the idea that Mama might be absent at bedtime. The ballet was totally worth it, though, and I'm really looking forward to moving somewhere with a few more 'cultural opportunities', so to speak. Going to the symphony, musicals, plays, the ballet, art galleries....all that good stuff.
In more mundane news, I'm going back to the menu plan system for mealtimes. I've drawn up two plans, a summer and winter mealtime rotation, and we'll tweak them as we go. Being the planning type, I've done up a menu plan for two full weeks (well, 6 out of the 7 days for each week, leaving me a flex day to catch up, eat out or improvise) for warm and cold weather. I've then done up a grocery list for each week, with all of the major items needed for the recipes listed, and added all of the recipes into the document so they're all together. I'll be able to add anything else I need for breakfasts/lunches/household stuff when I do up my shopping list Monday nights, but this should streamline the process. If you're confused but intrigued, I can email you the plans, they're done up in Word so I can fiddle with them easily. If you're confused and so very glad you're not a planner like me, that's alright too. Even I admit I'm a little obsessive about making lists and such things.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Culture at Last!
Labels: organization