CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

So Much To Say, So Little Time

Things have been moving at breakneck speed around here, what with getting ready for our trip to Ontario, getting all the details of Trevor's new job sorted out, and trying to get as much stuff as possible done around the house because we don't know how soon we'll be moving.

The trip prep is pretty much done. I've got my list done up of stuff to pack, I've picked up the few extra things I needed to buy, and I've assembled my folder of information with copies of our flight info, car rental info, and hotel info, plus mapquest directions, maps, and a list of interesting things to see and do. Trevor told me in an amused fashion that when he mentioned my folder to his assistant, she was delighted to hear she wasn't the only one who did that...I guess her friends and family have been teasing her about her 'travel books' for years.

It was interesting making a packing list for myself - you see, I've become quite girly over the last year. I love wearing skirts (dresses too, but nursing babies make them impractical right now for everyday wear), and I want to bring mostly skirts, but I've never packed the lighter more delicate stuff for a trip before. I think my solution will be to use a garment bag instead of a suitcase. We'll see how that works when I start packing tomorrow.

As for Trevor's job transfer, Trevor's company is proving itself to be a wonderful one in that they are taking care of all kinds of details for us. Trevor has been set up in a furnished one bedroom suite about a five minute walk from his Calgary office until such time as we all move down there. He's also getting a rental car for the duration. He's quite excited about it all; I must admit that I am rather selfishly not looking forward to having him gone Monday to Friday. I hope it won't take long to find us a new home.

I'm starting to get nervous about the trip - not the visiting part, just the long flight and then many hours driving part. Hopefully the kids will come through as strongly as they did during our last trip. Or, worst case scenario, we'll have what I remember Gary Smalley calling "bonding time"; evidently it's the disasters that unite families. *grin*

I'll try to post again before we leave, provided I have time with all the packing I'm planning. Wish me luck!