CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Little by Little

The last few days have been busy, but not with big projects. I've been focusing on the little things that I've been meaning to do for a while (sometimes a very LONG while) and it's amazed me how much better I felt after getting them done. So far I've:

  • put away the winter coats, boots and mitts and brought out the spring coats and sunhats
  • boxed up Connor's 18 month clothing, and Adara's size 3/4 clothes from the winter
  • brought out the spring and summer clothing for the kids and organized the dressers appropriately
  • brought out my own spring/summer clothes and packed away the heavy sweaters (being me, I leave out a few lighter sweaters, since I'm always cold)
  • organized my desk in the kitchen so that it still looks nice when I put my laptop away during the day (my new routine, since I can't seem to leave my computer alone otherwise)

The part that amuses me about it is that no one else would really notice that any of these things were done - the house looks pretty much the same - but it's like a load off my shoulders knowing that they've been taken care of.

Otherwise, we're just enjoying the sunshine and being able to play in the backyard. I have a few green shoots peeking through in my garden, and it looks like at least some of the irises and daylilies I planted last year are coming back, as well as the peonies and the hosta. I do like perennials!

Trevor is full of plans of what to spruce up around the house before we sell it, so it sounds like we'll be busy for the next few weekends. He's absolutely right, though, it's the little things that make the sale. We'll likely have the realtor we used last time come by and give us some advice on what to concentrate on. Not that we have any definite plans yet, but if we have it all done beforehand, it will be much less stressful.