On the 9th, Trevor went down to Calgary for a general interview with the Major Projects division of Suncor. Last Friday he went down for another interview with them, this time for a specific job. Today he got a job offer from them, and it's a job he wants. So he has accepted, and his present and future bosses have haggled out a starting date for his new position. It's a lot earlier than he expected - June 18th. That's right, only a week and a half after we come back from Ontario. I had a feeling that when things happened, they would happen fast, and I was right.
Unless the perfect house in Calgary happens to fall into our laps between now and then, it looks like Trev will be commuting. The company will put him up in temporary accommodations in Calgary, and he'll come home on weekends on the Sunjet. He'll have weekday evenings to look at potential new homes, and hopefully things will resolve themselves quickly. If we manage to sell or rent out our home here quickly, Suncor will put our whole family up in temporary accommodations for up to three months in Calgary, although I hope it doesn't come to that.
Hard to believe that we could be out of here at the end of June. It feels like we've been standing on the edge of a cliff for months, and now we've finally jumped. Hurray! I love the excitement and energy that comes with moving, and the fun of getting to know a new city. We told Adara today, and she's very excited about the Calgary Zoo. She's looking forward to family being able to visit us in our new home too. This will probably be the first move she actually remembers in the long term, so I'm going to try extra hard to make it as fun as possible.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Calgary, Here We Come!
Labels: moving