CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 23, 2008

This and That

Trev spent Saturday going from house to house to house, but hasn't found the right one yet. He says he's optimistic, though, because Saturday showed him that what we're looking for is affordable and available. He says it's just a matter of finding the right combination of features in the right location. Also, the realtor that his friend recommended is just superb, he's very pleased with her immense experience (30 years in the Calgary area) and her helpful but no-nonsense approach. He'll be househunting again Tuesday and Thursday nights, and if nothing turns up, then he'll likely spend another weekend in Calgary so he can do another full day on it next Saturday. I'm really fortunate to have such a wonderful, dedicated husband - he wants so much to find a home that the kids and I will be happy in.

Connor had his 18 month vaccinations this morning. The nurse said he's right around the 50th percentile in both height and weight, which is great. A funny thing happened in the waiting room, though. You see, Con was in a very happy docile mood, and the only other little fellow there was also 18 months but was a real spitfire (wouldn't listen, kept running away, etc). Con stuck right by my side, and when he threw some blocks on the floor, I told him to put them back and he happily complied. When he tried to follow the little running guy, I called him and he came. The other parents were giving me awed glances, obviously thinking I had it all together. I laughed to myself, wondering what they would have thought if they had seen him in some of his other moods! It encouraged me to think that this has likely often happened the reverse way - the children I've seen behaving so nicely and wondered what their parents knew that I didn't were probably having a very good day too.

The caterpillars have pretty much finished crawling about and are cocooning everywhere (also gross, but at least they're stationary). It will make selling the house easier, I think...what a bad impression it would be to step out of your vehicle and see caterpillars everywhere.

That's about it for tonight - the little guy is sleeping very poorly due to the vaccinations, so I have to run.