CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

The First Attempt

The week has just flown by without Trevor here - the kids have been up very early in the morning (between 0545 and 0630) so by the time I've had everything cleaned up after they're asleep, I've been too beat to blog.

He's home now though, praise the Lord, and we're very much enjoying our time with him. There's an awful lot of things to get done (fixing the basement leak, small repairs to spruce the house up, setting up the sale of our house here, etc) but at least we can work together to do it.

Trev has found a very nice house that he's going to put a bid in on, probably on Tuesday, but he's warned me not to get attached yet as the sellers are asking far too much and may not be willing to accept what he's willing to pay. Our realtor agrees that the price is inflated, and says that while comparable houses did sell for what they're asking three or four months ago, prices have since dropped. So we'll see what they say...Trev tells me that there are plenty more houses just as nice out there, so he'll walk away if the sellers aren't willing to see reason.

We had a funny sort of discussion today, made me realize that we are just not average in very many ways. Our house will likely be bought by someone wanting to invest in a rental property, so Trev asked whether I would consider selling the house with all (or at least almost all) of the furniture in it. I didn't really have to think about it much at all...there are about three pieces of furniture I'm attached to for sentimental reasons, but the rest I would quite happily replace. We're just not into "stuff" that way. Not boasting or anything, just kind of bemused about it.

Must get back to work...chores and lists call!