We're back home, and busy doing all of those mundane little chores that need to be done after a trip - multiple loads of laundry, downloading pictures off the camera (set a record this time, we had 422), sweeping and tidying and all that stuff. I don't mind, though. We're home safely, in familiar surroundings and sleeping in our own beds once again.
We had a wonderful time. The actual travel was wearing, as there was a lot of it, but all three of our visits went very well indeed. Adara enjoyed it all, but she absolutely loved playing with her cousins, and the feeling was mutual. Brantford will be a regular stop for the Diamond family from now on, that's for certain.
Now it feels like we're descending into a bit of a whirlwind, with Trevor rushing to train his replacement, get our house ship-shape, and fit in at least three farewell dinners before a week this Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. I've started preparing Adara for the idea that Daddy will be away during the week until we can move down to our new house. I've yet to really prepare myself, but at least it's short-term, and only for the weekdays. After visiting Petawawa, I'm reminding myself that if things were different, Trev could be gone to Afghanistan for 9 months. I'm fortunate in many, many ways. I just have to remember that.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Safe and Sound
Labels: travel