It seems I had gotten so used to being isolated up here that I didn't even mind it anymore...but now that we had a week and a half with family and dear friends, I'm finding it hard to settle back in. And the thought that starting next week Trev will be away Monday through Friday just makes it worse. I just have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass - it's all temporary, and we'll be together soon in a bigger city where we'll be able to connect with other families with similar beliefs and values.
On the plus side, the kids and I are slowly getting the house back into shape. And we went to a water park today, since it was hot and sunny, and Adara had a blast for the first time (she's always been too scared of the cold sprays to really have fun up till now). Connor wasn't quite ready to join in, although he did splash about in the puddles quite happily. Another bright spot was that Trev's 'people' (the folks who report directly to him) took him out for a farewell dinner and gave him some nice gifts. He was a bit stunned, and kept saying that people don't buy their bosses gifts; to me, it's just an indication of the high regard in which he is held. Or, as I teased Trev, it may be an indication of how happy they are that he's leaving! *grin*
We had the moving assessor in today to give Suncor an estimate on how much it will cost them to move us. She spent more time being freaked out by the waves of tent caterpillars covering everything than assessing, which I found amusing. But then, this is our second year of caterpillars, so they don't bother me much anymore.
I'd best go grab some shut-eye...my little man has woken up three times so far, and I'm anticipating a night of little sleep.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Focus on the Positive