In the last 72 hours, the following issues have reared their ugly heads:
- We have water seeping into our basement, into our (carpeted and drywalled) rec room. Both of the 'experts' we've had in agreed that we have several cracks in the foundation, and that the wall will have to be opened up to assess the severity of the damage. Once the cracks are repaired, we'll need new drywall, new baseboards, and new carpeting. This will all have to occur before we can rent the house out or sell it.
- My fourth wisdom tooth appears to be coming in, 18 years after the first three. It hurts.
- Our cat is ill, eating very little and being sick to her stomach. The only appointment I could get for her was next Monday...45 minutes after my appointment for Connor's 18 month vaccinations. Won't THAT be fun.
- Today, Trev found out that the realtor that has been highly recommended to him in Calgary is booked up all the first week he's in town - except for Saturday, when she's free all day. She promised that she could spend the whole day showing him houses, so he could do in one day what would take a whole week of evening visits. So instead of going down for just a few days and then back for the weekend, he'll be gone for a week and a half.
I'm tempted to look at this list and feel sorry for myself...and go have a good cry and maybe eat something chocolaty. But I can't help but feel like the Lord is delivering a message. You see, I have a very bad habit of trying to get through things on my own strength. I figure what He's done here, piling issue upon issue right before Trevor's departure, is to make it clear that I can't do this on my own. I have to lean on Him and trust Him to get me (and us) through. He's doing His job as a shepherd: some sheep just need a gentle nudge in the right direction, some need a smack upside the head. I guess this is further confirmation that I fall in the latter category.