Warning: For other list-makers only, all others will likely be bored silly.
I think I've settled on a basic schedule for the weekdays...well, I suppose it's only a loose schedule really, more like a list of things that need to get done, preferably in the order I've set out. Since Adara and Connor are so active, I've tried to have some outing or another each day; I figure especially in the winter, that will make home life much happier. With the exception of Mondays, since Adara's dance class is in the afternoon, we do our outings in the mornings, come home for lunch and Connor's nap, and then take it easy in the afternoons. I'll skip the specific details (if you're really interested, I can email my Excel spreadsheet to you) but our outings are as follows:
Monday - Adara dance class, Connor gets time with Nana
Tuesday - groceries and errands
Wednesday - time at the pool (I found a great rec center that has an indoor water park, they have a special deal for parents with kids under 6 on Wednesday mornings)
Thursday - gymnastics and maybe the Zoo, depending on the weather
Friday - visit the library, Adara gets time with Nana for a few hours in the afternoon
We'll see how it works out now that the weather is getting colder, but I think it's flexible enough that it should provide a good framework. Another thing I'm doing this time around is doing all the weekly housework one morning a week, rather than spreading it out over the week. It actually only takes about an hour and a half to vacuum, clean the bathrooms, sweep the hardwood, dust, and water the plants, and then it's all done for the week. I've chosen to mop the hardwood on the weekends when Trev can take the kids out for an hour or so; it just seems easier on all of us that way.
It's kind of amusing how much happier I am when I know what needs to happen next. And how proud I am of my little spreadsheet schedule. Whatever works, right? *grin*
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Structure
Labels: children, organization