Tomorrow afternoon, some of Trev's coworkers and their families are coming over for a few hours. Being married to such an enthusiastic extrovert, I should know by now that "Sure, a few of the guys you get along best with and their families can come over" translates somehow into "Please invite your whole working group, their families, as well as any affiliates that you think might be able to make it! The more the merrier!". *sigh* Still, it's good for me, I keep saying I need to practice more hospitality.
Thankfully, the gathering will be very low-key; we're providing beverages, and the other folks are bringing snacks. I've defrosted one of my spare loaves of banana bread just in case the snacks get lost in translation somehow. There are only three other children coming (as far as I know), and they're all Adara's age, which should work out well.
The house is reasonably clean, although I need to declutter the kitchen counters, and I'll do a vacuum and sweep tomorrow at lunch. I'll report tomorrow on how things went!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Crowd Arrival Imminent