So this obsessive need to get everything organized, simplified, all that? I think I've got it at least partly figured out. My new little ticker tells the tale - after 5 months of trying, we have a new little one on the way! Despite vicious morning/afternoon/evening sickness, I'm very excited, and so is the big T. Trev and I talked about waiting the traditional three months before telling anyone, but we wanted to share the news with close friends and family. Rejoice with us! Hurray!
We won't be telling the kids for a while yet - Connor won't care, and Adara will be too excited to wait another half a year. She's been praying for "another baby for Mommy and Daddy" for several months (and she often adds "or twins! or triplets!" at the end, which is kind of funny, but not really funny). She's going to be thrilled with the news. She just loves babies and toddlers.
As an ironically amusing side note, the Alberta government has finally seen the light and announced a little while ago that it was going to fund midwifery services. We were delighted, since we planned on having another child and this would save us about $3500. However, what we didn't see coming was that the small number of midwives in Alberta would be deluged with requests from expectant moms. I'm serious - here I am only 5 weeks along, and all of the midwife teams I've contacted are booked solid. *sigh* I'll keep trying, though, and I'm sure the Lord will lead me to the right people. I just never expected to have to compete so hard for a midwife!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Reason Found
Labels: children