We celebrated Christmas here with my Mom, and then headed down to Moose Jaw on the 30th for a gathering at Trevor's Dad and Carol's home. Joel and Jeannette came down on the 31st, and we had a belated Christmas on New Years Eve. It was great to see them all again, and the kids had fun soaking up all the attention. It all went well until...Trevor came down with the stomach flu at 3am on New Years day. You may remember the last time we got the stomach flu while travelling - it was in Moose Jaw as well. Hmmmm.
Anyhow, poor Trev lay about on New Years Day trying to gather his strength, and then about 6pm we put everything in the van and headed home. We left late because it had been a very long drive down due to road conditions, and we reasoned this way if it took longer it wouldn't bug the kids because they were sleeping. It wasn't a fun drive, lots of blowing snow and poor road conditions, but no one complained, and Trev slept better in his own bed once we got home. We were extra glad that we had driven home that night when the next morning, Adara started getting sick. It caught me last night, so I'm huddled on the couch today while Trev has taken the kidlets on an adventure somewhere. Con seems to be fine so far, I guess we'll see if that lasts or not.
I had one very special positive happen while in Moose Jaw: Trev's Dad mentioned casually that he was looking to get rid of all of his and Sharon's old photo albums. He's not much of a sentimentalist, and he kept a few small albums of pictures that were important to him, but he didn't want the rest. So I grabbed them!! We're going to buy a photo scanner, and I'll scan all of the old pictures in and hopefully someday be able to do them up nicely with notes and dates and stuff. I'm very excited to have this piece of Trevor's history to preserve for our kids and their kids.
Back to lying on the couch for me - going from Trev and Adara's recoveries, I should be feeling much better tomorrow.