CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sweetness

I'm having a very tough day today, coping with horrendous nausea. I've been nauseous pretty much for a month now, but today was the worst yet. I'm trying not to complain, mind you, but it's necessary to tell you that so the story makes sense. Trev (sweetie that he is) took the kids out to grab a bite to eat, because I simply could not deal with the idea of food, and he asked me whether he could get me anything. I told him the only thing I could think of was ginger ale...not that it's terribly good for me, but it's my 'comfort food' when I'm feeling sick.

Next thing I know, my precious girl comes downstairs clutching her coin purse with a very determined look on her face. She tells me she wants to spend the money she's saved in her piggy bank on ginger ale, to help me feel better. We couldn't talk her out of it, she wanted so badly to help.

Makes me think of Jesus telling the disciples we all need to become as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven. What would life be like if we were all that spontaneously loving and generous?

Anyway, it touched my heart, and I just had to share.