I know this time of year is busy for everyone, but with our anniversary on the 16th and Connor's birthday on the 21st, it's been extra busy here! Here's a brief photo summary of some of the events of the week.
The Suncor children's Christmas party was on the 14th, and the kids had a blast. It was just right, lots to do but not too much, three inflated bouncy castles divided into age groups, and free gifts for all the boys and girls. The face painters were enormously talented; this was Adara's first time getting her face painted, and she looked awesome:
We finally got around to doing our annual gingerbread house on the 20th. Trev and Adara worked together and did a great job:
We didn't do too much for Connor's birthday, as he's really too little to understand the whole concept anyway. His biggest delight was the mylar birthday balloon, with the dessert of gingerbread cookies (he doesn't like cake much) and mango sorbet coming in a close second. This was his first time eating anything like ice cream (he's still lactose intolerant) and he loved it. He liked the presents too, even if he wasn't too sure why he was getting them. *grin*
We've gotten a few other things done too. Adara and I did up the gift bags of cookies for Trev's coworkers, which was fun. I've managed to get my papers sorted out, as well as my craft supplies. And I finished one of the two homemade gifts I had left to do - the other one will have to be finished in the New Year sometime, I've given up on finishing it on time. We'll be using some of Trevor's days off organizing what's left in the garage, and doing other odd jobs. I've figured out why I'm so driven to organize and simplify, but I'll go on at length about that another time.
Hard to believe tomorrow's Christmas Eve...for whatever reason, I haven't gotten into the spirit of the season much this year. Hope you have a great Christmas, wherever you are and whoever you're with.