Today I popped into Michaels (craft store) to pick up two frames that were on sale. About five feet into the store, set up front and center so that everyone coming in would see, is a Halloween decoration that consists of two life sized figures, dressed as a bride and groom. The groom is made up like a zombie (kind of like Beetlejuice), and the bride is decapitated and holding her own head by the hair in one hand. That's creepy enough, but the groom also talked saying gross things such as "I like marriage...it's great tying the knot" in an evil voice, followed by nasty chuckles. I scooted past the thing as quickly as I could, thanking the Lord I hadn't brought the kids with me, and was startled by a voice coming from a hanging cage, pleading with me in pathetically terrified tones to please let it out, followed by shrieks of terror. Nice.
Add that store to the list of places we won't be going until the beginning of November.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
SO Not Into the Upcoming Holiday