CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Sign That I'm Really Settling In...

...is that I'm over the initial "let's get the next thing done" mentality, and I feel compelled to sit down and work out a schedule for our new life in our new home town. I get stressed if I don't know what's next, and Adara's much the same way, not to mention how much the kids pick up on my growing tension as the day progresses. So I'm hammering away at my Excel spreadsheet, trying to figure out what's what.

We're going to start our search for a church next week, which is an exciting step forward too. Since Mom will be watching the kids while we try out the possibilities, we want her to get the chance to be all settled in first. Besides, this Sunday Mom, Adara and I are going to the first "Sunday Symphony for Kids", which should be fun. It's been years since I've heard a decent orchestra play, and I'm looking forward to it.

The house sale for the place in Fort McMurray should finally go through on Monday, Lord willing, and that should end the extra headaches from that quarter. I'm looking forward to not having to talk real estate for quite some time. And Mom's stuff will all leave our garage Monday too. It feels like we're really moving forward, after waiting for weeks, and it feels really good.

On a completely different note, I just picked up "Book Lust" at Chapters today, and am loving it so far. Nancy Pearl has not only grouped book recommendations to suit any subject or mood, she has also done it in an intelligent and witty fashion. What fun! Guess I'll be requesting quite a few books from the local library in the near future. *grin*