CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A New Food Addiction

I've always had this (ridiculous in hindsight) notion that making homemade 'oven fries' was difficult and/or not worth the effort. Not really sure where it came from. So for years I have heated frozen fries in the oven; even now, when I make most things from scratch, frozen fries were one of my last "cheats", if you will. But the other night, I was craving fries and we were out, and since Trevor had a dinner business meeting, I made a small batch of oven fries for myself and the kids. I am so totally hooked! Minimal prep work, and only 10 minutes more in the oven than frozen fries. And a million times tastier, without worrying about chemicals and preservatives and all of those other evils.

So tonight I'm making my menu plan for the coming week, and am struggling not to list oven fries as the side dish to just about everything. *chuckle*