I feel like there is just so much to get done before Lil' Baby Bump arrives, it's making me frantic when I think of it...which is often. I thought perhaps I was making a mountain out of a molehill, so I sat down and started a 'brain dump' list of all of the things I was worrying about finishing. At the end of my scribbling, I had 51 things and I didn't feel like I had covered it all. However, I was determined to make some progress, so I categorized the items, and left room for more in each category. My ever-patient Trev, seeing my distress, is helping me chip away at the list, and I'm hoping that will help the anxiety levels. That, and prayer...a LOT of prayer.
This past week was a very long week indeed, as Connor continued to be sick, crabby and clingy right through to today, and Adara was over-excited from all of the birthday hullabaloo and took several days to get back to her sweet self. The snow did NOT help, and the snow coming down right now and predicted for tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday is not helping either. Grrrr. Enough whining, though, let's focus on the positive.
I've finished the 16 pages that completed my last photo album, had them printed at Costco, and then put them into the album. I am so pleased with the quality of the 12"x12" photo pages! The embellishments really do look three-dimensional. And the best part was it only took a grand total of two hours to do the 16 pages for Adara's album, since there were only two pages I replaced with new ones; for the rest I just edited the text and swapped out a few of the photos! So her pages have now been sent in, and I'll pick them up in a few days and can start tackling the new albums. I was leery of digital scrapbooking, I must admit, but I can't see going back now. The kids will all have their own photo albums for when they grow up and start families of their own, with so little extra effort.
What else has happened on the good side? I've been monitoring Freecycle carefully the last little while, and this past week I got a fishbowl and free betta stuff, as well as a box of size 6x/7/8 clothing to put away for Adara's future use (she'll be wearing size 6 very soon). We have just tonight installed a resident betta into the fishbowl, and he is Adara's first official pet. She has named him "Smart Fish", I call him "Red Angus", and to Connor he is "Fishy". We'll see how he does as part of the household.
Oh, and I've finally been transferred to a maternity clinic. After 3 months of promises that it would happen any day. The good news is that the clinic isn't far away, which will make the many trips there for checkups easier. The bad news is that they're affiliated with the hospital in the NE part of Calgary, so visiting the hospital will be a much further drive (but at least I only have to go there once). And if it is in fact a scheduled C-section, then there won't be the frantic rush to the hospital, either.
So there has been good news, really there has. And once my head cold dies down and the snow finally goes away, I'll be much more willing to dwell on it. *smile*
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Hormones?
Labels: organization