My goodness, I've had almost a whole week of not feeling nauseous, and it's wonderful. I'm back to liking being pregnant again, a much happier state for me. My most exciting news is that I've booked the ultrasound, and managed to get in with a place that does the 3D imaging. I'm going in April 16th, and even though the clinic is downtown and the appointment is perilously close to Connor's nap time, I figure it's worth it for the extra clarity in the ultrasound, and the CD of cool 3D pics I can get for $20. Plus, I figure this way there's a better chance of finding out whether 'Lil' Baby Bump' (as we've taken to calling the baby) is a boy or a girl, not only for us but for Adara who so desperately wants a little sister.
Other signs I'm feeling better:
- I used up a giant bag of 50% off organic bananas, and made a double batch of jumbo chocolate chip banana muffins as well as the "world's best banana nut cake" (that's the title, honest; it was good, but not that good)
- We hosted the first coffee night for homeschooling mamas of preschoolers in the NW
- I've hosted several playgroups with some of the above group, and even fit in some extra playdates with some moms I especially like
- We took the kids to Homeschool Day at the Telus Science Center; Adara got to attend the same preschool/kindergarten presentations that any class going there gets to see, plus we got to explore the rest of the place
- I have cooked dinner regularly every night this week, instead of just throwing things together at the last minute (It's kind of sad, but this is a big thing for me!)
- I am feverishly internally debating whether to plant useful vegetables or pretty flowers in the backyard
That last one's a really big indication I'm much more myself than I have been the last few months...I love planning gardens.
The other neat thing that happened this week is that we found a kit at Costco that lets you assemble your own little plastic skeleton (maybe 18" tall?) with 24 pieces and moving joints. It has a little plastic dome to protect "Mr Bones" when he's not being prodded at, and an interesting book explaining the basics of how the human body works. Adara and I have read two books about the human body from the library, and she's been very interested in seeing a skeleton, but none of the museums here have a human set of bones. So now she has her own mini set, and she's just ecstatic. Only ten dollars, too! I admit, we did get some funny looks as we lined up at the cashier with her clutching the box and singing "I've got my own skeleton, my very own skeleton" but we're getting used to being oddities. *grin*
Oh my, it feels good to be me again...