CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Determinedly Half-Full

Bad news: still nauseous, still exhausted.

BUT....

Good news:

  • Went to the doctor on Thursday for a prenatal, and got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! For just under 13 weeks, I guess that's unusual, but it was lovely.
  • We've cleared a whole bunch of unwanted stuff out of the garage this week. Last weekend, Trev made me up a detailed list, and I listed two items at a time on Freecycle until they were all gone. He has a separate list he's going to sell on Kijiji (online classified), but thankfully it's much smaller. Progress is being made!
  • Haven't gained any weight for the pregnancy yet. May not seem like a big deal to some, but my biggest mistake with the first two was to gain weight early on, and I gained way too much overall both times. Mind you, it's not all my titanium-strength willpower, the nausea has a lot to do with it. Hard to gain a lot of weight when all you can stomach is soup or cereal most meals. *grin*
  • We're in the process of trying out a very nice church. The folks there are friendly, and we're getting to know some families. We're going to one family's house for supper Wednesday, and we're hosting a "Just Dessert" evening on Friday for three other families. The latter is a church-wide thing organized by the church admin, we just figured it would be easier on the kids if we hosted rather than visited, plus I like to bake desserts.
  • The kids are both loving the Sunday School areas that are for their age groups. If you'd told me Connor at 2 would be looking forward to saying goodbye and going to play, I would never have believed you. There's awesome security, and they've even got separate rooms for 2s, 3s and 4s. Lots of littles, and a great adult/child ratio. Very cool.

That's all the positives I can think of for now. There's a lot though!

But anyway, what you see above is a pretty literal demonstration of what my brain does every time a little voice in my head complains. Another literal voice always pipes up with "BUT..." unless I'm in a serious blue funk, or so sick I don't have the energy to argue with myself. (That sounds funny). It's one of the things I really like about how my brain works.