We're home safely (the good news) and the house hasn't sold yet (the bad news). Nice little summary, hey? *grin*
The drives were as long as expected, but the kids were troopers as usual. It was great to see the outside of our new home - such a pretty house, and such a lovely neighbourhood - and we had fun visiting the zoo. We bought annual memberships, as we had always planned to if we ever moved to Calgary. The kids and I will be visiting often. The stay at the cabin went well, and it was great to reconnect with our old friends. The only problem we ran into was that whereas Trev and our friends had all had hectic, stressful weeks leading up to our trip, I had spent most of my time waiting (in between waiting for the assessors, the concrete repair guy, the wall repair guy, and the realtor, I was pretty much tied to the house). So while everyone else was quite content to have one trip a day and then relax the rest of the time, I was often bored and restless. I shouldn't really complain - life is rarely perfect, and we all had fun, especially the kids who loved having hours to play in the sand and water.
We came back early so that Trev could catch the Friday afternoon flight back to Calgary; he needed to get some work done before Monday rolled around. It's hard having him gone after being together for a week...thankfully it will only be a matter of weeks before we move and we're all together again.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Back!
Labels: travel