CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Almost Time

My heavens, the third trimester has just zoomed by, and now we're just a few weeks away from (Lord willing) welcoming our new little girl home. Yes, that's right, the second ultrasound indicated that the wee one is going to be wearing pink rather than blue. Adara is thrilled about having a little sister, and to be honest, I was sort of hoping for a girl myself.

We're pretty much set up here, as much as we can be. We've moved Adara and Con and their respective carseats to the back row of the van, and they're happy as clams about the change. Not only can they see more, but they can reach their own cupholders, which is apparently a very big thing. The baby's carseat (not installed yet but cleaned and ready to go) will go in the middle row behind the driver's seat, and then the console between the two middle seats has been removed, so that the other middle seat is right next to the baby's, but folded down and out of the way. That way if we have an extra passenger, we just flip the seat up. We've set up the crib, change table, rocking chair and all that baby goodness in a corner of our room (our bedroom is quite big, so there's room), and will deal with the 'who's rooming with whom' question once we see how light a sleeper the little one is. We've talked with Adara about the three days I'll be spending at the hospital - Con's too young to get it, unfortunately, so it will come as an unpleasant surprise to him. Hopefully he will have enough fun with his Daddy that he won't mind too much. I've tried to buy a few things each week to prepare, so we have itty-bitty diapers and all that too.

I go in to see the surgeon on Monday, to give him all of my information and to get a date set for the surgery. I am still so reluctant to have a planned C-section, but feel like I have exhausted all other options. At least this way I will skip the labour part. Once we have a date set, Trev can finalize his leave from work, and we can do the last preparatory details. I'll post again once all of the details are in place, and after that, who knows? Depends on how long it takes me to get enough sleep to function again. Good thing babies are so worth it!!